I was recently nominated by Hannah @ Books, Life, and Other Oddities for the Blogger Recognition Award! You all should check out her blog if you haven’t! It’s very lovely 🙂
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you up want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them, and provide a link to the post you’ve created
HOW MY BLOG STARTED
I’d actually had another blog on WordPress before this one! It focused on my creativeness and diys, but I never liked the format/design, and I rarely posted. So in May of 2018, I decided that I needed to make a new blog, that could focus on both my diys, but also reading and books! I only have a couple of friends who are big readers, so they’re really the only people I can talk to about what I’ve been reading. I wanted a place where I could rant and review to my heart’s content, and feel a sense of accomplishment in general. I also liked the creative outlet it provided me, because (though I haven’t posted one in a while), I love making things with my hands so much and diys!!!
Anyway, blogging quickly became a great hobby for me. I’ve been able to post pretty consistently, and it’s been a great way for me to de-stress. Blogging has been an amazing experience so far. 🙂
ADVICE FOR NEWBIES
- Posting all of the time is hard. Posting on a schedule is hard. Posting consistently is hard especially when you are already seriously stressed out about other things. But guess what? You don’t have to feel pressured to post all of the time! *Feels wave of relief crash over you* Blogging shouldn’t be a source of stress in your life. It’s supposed to be a fun hobby! If you don’t have anything to post about, don’t post anything!! Trust me, your posts will be a lot more interesting and fun to read if you’re passionate about what you’re writing. If you’re writing a full on essay about the true meaning of happiness at 11:59 at night because you feel like you have to stick to your blogging schedule, just don’t do it. The sad part is, people probably aren’t going to rely on your posts too much. But the great part is, they’ll listen to you when you’re really excited about what you have to say.
- I’m sort of stealing this one from Hannah (sorry!!), but you shouldn’t be scared to blog! Believe me, the feeling of posting for the first time was terrifying. I never want to experience that again (but you will…every time you post). But blogging is supposed to be about YOU. Don’t think about how people are going to react to your posts. The blogging community is super friendly! We love supporting each other and helping each other out. You want to write about your pet guinea pig Ralph? Go for it! We’d all love to hear about him! Blogging might seem scary, but I promise it’s not all that bad 😉
HERE WE GO!! I NOMINATE:
So…I know that wasn’t fifteen people, sorry!! If you’ve already been nominated and/or you don’t want to do this award, please don’t feel like you have to do so!! I don’t want anyone to stress 🙂
I hope you enjoyed this post!